Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jehzara

Jehzara is one of the two cats that we have ben purposely hoping to trap for a few weeks now. The other is Pickle, whom a few think is the same as Boy George, but I disagree due to different distinctive markings. Unfortunately, Tara forgot about the trap today. I'm not sure how long it had been since she had last checked it, but when she went out to bring it in, there was Jehzara. In the trap. Much to my dismay, there was not enough time for her to be spayed, so they let her go. I'm not sure if this was the best decision, as I am sure she will be even more wary of the trap, but what's done is done.
---
Sadly, Jehzara had hurt herself a bit in trying to free herself. I wonder if the better choice might nave been to keep her overnight and spay her tomorrow morning and make sure she was completely okay - no more bleeding. The vet did mention something about how cold it is, however, and that he does not want to do any more trapping for a while due to the weather. So maybe it was for the best that she was released... Actually, as it is possible Jehzara is a girl, and would be spayed, this might be better. We have been lucky in that the other three were boys, that their surgeries took less time, and that their recovery was short. I am much more worried about a female recovering in these temperatures, especially as she would have to be shaved, which leads to much heat loss.
---
I am relieved that we won't be trapping for a bit. I would like to get back in the routine of feeding and watching for the regulars again. Trapping is stressful for all parties involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment