Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Miraculous

Guess what I have??? The BEST. NEWS. EVER. It may not be as good as someone gifting me a brand new Honda Civic with eternal gas flow and the promise to pay for any damage/repairs, but it comes pretty darn close:

My dad took my car to the Honda place (dealership?) yesterday. I was all excited, b/c although I knew I would have to pay at least a couple hundred dollars for it's repair (just in case the other people weren't being truthful - my dad mistrusts car people, I guess), I knew it was going to be fixed soon. Driving even to and from work (which is only about five miles round-trip) has been anxiety-provoking. That little yellow light was constantly taunting me: "There's something wrong with your car. There's something wrong with your car." And I was afraid of the thing exploding for some reason. My dad assured me that it wouldn't, but that little light isn't very specific - so who knows what could have gone down.

It was practically blizzard-ing out that morning, so my dad gave me a ride to work. B/c of the weather at that time, he planned on not taking my car, as my tires aren't the safest. But after he gave me a ride home, he informed me that he did indeed take my car in. They first fixed my little plug thing that the hand-held-screening device hooks into. (You know that thing that tells you what's wrong with the car? I don't have words for it.) Then they checked it, and it was truly my catalytic converter. When he told me this, I got all disappointed, b/c then I knew I'd have to spend a lot of money.

But since this was a Honda place, they totally looked up the previous owner, the one who had purchased the converter, and they found out that IT HAD A TEN YEAR, 150,000 MILE WARRANTY. So they fixed it for FREE. Can you believe that? I did a little dance of joy when I found all this out. So today, I went to get new tires for my car. And you know what? They are unimpressive. I'm hoping they help me to not die in the snow, though. *laughs nervously*

But yay for warranties!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment