Tuesday, June 22, 2010

2 more from Wendy's

Matching grey female kitten with a small splotch of white on her chest, trapped last night, spayed today. Talked to the caretaker of this colony - she believe there are 3 more kittens. Glad we're getting these girls early - no more silly babies!

Remember that black and white male I talked about last week? This is him! I love his little goatee. He was neutered today.
-
When I released him, he ran across the field and then across the street - which is connected right to the highway. Very busy here. I literally gasped out loud when I saw which direction he was running. I was so afraid that a car would kill him, because he certainly wasn't looking! I'm glad I took them back late at night, when traffic isn't bad. And when it's dark.
-
He obviously hangs out at Wendy's at times, but I'm assuming his "home" is elsewhere. Except for a tabby last year, all have taken off into the field. I don't mind where they come from, as long as they get back in one piece!
-
I also saw a tabby and white cat the night I trapped these guys. The caretaker hasn't seen her before, so I'm assuming she was just visiting, but hopefully she'll visit some more when I'm trapping!
-
According to her calculations the regular colony has 3 more kittens and 2 adults needing to be trapped and altered. 1 more kitten belongs to the elusive grey and white momma and 2 kittens belong to a black momma. So, 5 more at this colony. And then all the extra visitors.
-
We'll get there! Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment