Tuesday, June 29, 2010

3rd black kitten rescued

This little muffin was trapped today. His sibling didn't leave his side until I came back to get him. I wish I could have gotten him, too!
-
He went home with the woman who's been trying to get the kittens. She met me at the dumpsters in between the photo studio and the grey building. I showed her how to use the trap again, and let her borrow it so she can go back whenever to try to get the babies. I told her to rig it up so she can control who gets trapped (I don't want to have to keep an adult cat for more than one day). I also mentioned that she might be able to use the baby as bait for the other kittens...
-
I'm hoping we'll be more successful with removing these kittens from hard lives in this colony! There are still at least 3 kittens, most likely more.
-
I don't know if this guy is from the same litter as the other two black kittens, taken in by the woman in the grey building who's been helping me trap. Not sure about the ages. But I hope they can be socialized to humans without too much fuss. The woman taking them in hasn't socialized feral kittens before, so I just wrote her a lengthy email with my own and others' advice. If they cannot be socialized, we will have them spayed/neutered and released. I'll just need to keep up on their progress, because if they do not do well inside, I do not want anything else to happen to them...
-
I just wish the black and white one hadn't been released!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment