Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oh, kittens

I got such cute pictures of these guys - without my picture card in the camera. And I lost my USB cord, so I had to take more pictures today to be able to transfer them on to the computer. See that face? Looks exactly like his momma. HIS MOMMA THAT I AM DETERMINED TO TRAP.

Well, I don't know the gender of either kitty yet. But both will be fixed today. And then, unfortunately, released. Mrs. L is not answering her phone. (Called her yesterday, told her that I will be trapping, asked if she was still trying to get the kittens into homes. She told me to give her a call if I got any babies.) But since she isn't answering, I have to figure something else out. And I know no one, *no one* that could foster or wants a kitten. It is SO hard trying to find homes for kittens. We all know that.
-
These guys might be happier with the rest of their family. I know I'm trying to make myself feel better about this, because I have no other options. I would keep them for a couple of days at the hospital to try to get a hold of Mrs. L, but I don't even know if that's the best idea. All I know is that I don't have anyone else to take them, and I can't reach her. But it's hard, because they are SO cute. And young. The vet thinks around ten weeks old. But I'll know more later when they have been altered.
-
*Just got a call - they are both females. The vet doesn't feel comfortable vaccinating them yet, so they will just be spayed and ear-tipped. If I trap them again in a couple of weeks, I will bring them in to be vaccinated. I guess the most important thing is that they have been fixed, so I won't fret about that...
-
I went over last night to try to trap these guys, hoping for some adults, but they are too smart, just like last year. Ate all the food, didn't get trapped. Except for the kittens. I will be going back tonight - when it's light out still - to use the drop trap. There are two identical grey and white cats, one black cat, and possibly some others I didn't see, including kitties. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment