Thursday, June 10, 2010

Enough with the black cats already!

Black cat, appears to be male, from the bar/photo studio colony. As I've mentioned, there are a lot of black cats here.

And what's with the area around the eyes on some of these cats? Can't be burns, but then what?
This guy will be neutered tomorrow. He was trapped by the woman in the grey building. She has taken seven or eight kittens over the years from this colony. She is so excited to be helping them get spayed and neutered. Since she has her own trap, she's just going to keep trying to get those kittens and call me when an adult inevitably steps in. She has seen at least two black and white kittens, and I know there is another black kitty and a tabby kitty out there as well. So, 4 more kittens at the least.
I may be setting another trap early tomorrow morning if RIT isn't successful with their trapping. I believe they have been trying to get a couple certain cats for a while now - and it's proving to be difficult.
I'm pretty sure this is the cat the woman from the grey building calls "Stud-Muffin." He's a large boy. Look at that head! I guess he's been around for several years and has likely fathered many babies. This picture is actually from last year, but when she mentioned a "stud-muffin," I knew immediately who she was talking about.

I really don't see any of the males until they are trapped. This is the only one I've had the pleasure of photographing in his natural elements. If he's still around, I hope very much to trap him!
I just went through my pictures, and there are definitely at least 3 more black and white females and 2 black females to be trapped. And who knows about the males... There could be 20 more of them for all I know! (Let's hope not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment