Friday, June 25, 2010

The 5th black cat is our 3rd black female


This is our over-heated kitty. I think she's okay - after an hour or two on a cool, wet towel, she seemed back to normal. No more panting.
-
She was spayed today. And six babies were prevented from entering this world. The doctor said that she was a couple weeks along but that they presented unevenly and would not have all survived.
-
It's hard, knowing that these babies never got a chance. But at the same time, they wouldn't have had much a chance even if they had lived past birth. We don't even seem to be able to find homes for the 4 or 5 kittens already present in the colony.
-
Ah, I don't have the answers. My heart is torn on this topic. A life is a life - but is a prevented life the same as an ended one? I'm not really sure, and believe me, I've had the opportunity to debate this issue before. With no conclusions, obviously. Maybe it's best to admit that we don't have all the answers. We just try to do what we feel is best.
-
I hope that this kitty will be able to live a healthier life now that she is spayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment